Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Haines to Maui

After waiting around all day with no car and nothing to do. I got a lift to the ferry terminal in Haines and started the trip to Maui. I made it to Juneau that night by about 11pm, checked into a hotel room and got some rest.

The next day I had no plans, just catching a plane at 8pm. So went the down town in Juneau to check it out. After about 10 mins I had covered all there was to see there. Not a great place to be a tourist… Somehow I managed to kill 5 hours, before going back to my hotel and getting to the airport 3 and a half hours before my flight, mostly because I had nothing else to do.

All my gear. It is actually possible for me to move all of this around an airport without a trolly

I flew to Seattle that night, checked into another room, slept for 6 hours. Got up at 6am and made my next flight at 8am which was direct to Maui. Woo Hoo

I made it to Maui!!


1 comment:

  1. Heli skiiing in Alaska to windsurfing Maui; my jealously knows no bounds. I was feeling stoked that i've just booked a week at Hotham in 4 months time and then i read your blog and it seems, well, somewhat lame! I think i'll just live my life vicariously through you guys from now on...

    (And you gotta tell Mike C about Nat Young - he'll eat his liver.)

    ReplyDelete