Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Transit

Now traveling for me is normally quite a hassle. It generally involves very large bags, excess baggage, and trying to get away with as much as possible.
This year was no exception.
Yes, I am going to be living in a ski resort. But that doesn't mean I will be traveling with skis...
4 bags: Camera bag, containing 5 cameras of different verities. Backpack containing clothes. Large 2m+ board on wheels containing my windsurfing board, a couple masts and a few bit and pieces. Sail bag containing 2 sails, boom couple pieces of clothing and a pair of thongs.
Later on in my travels I will be in Maui Hawaii, so this gear might come in handy then.
Definitely not easy process carrying all this gear around an airport, but I managed. Only having to pay $125 excess between Melbourne to Jackson Hole. No where near what I was supose to pay,but through great confusion and a bit of magic I got away with it.
To my surprise all bags arrived in Jackson on time.
On our arrival in Jackson, Sam Hoop's and I were greeted by my sister. All set to go with my Chevy van, loaded with all my new skis boots etc and all my left over gear from last season.

We were back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment